Chisholm Trail Animal Hospital is proud to be the first veterinary clinic in the Wichita area to offer laser therapy to our patients as a treatment for many acute and chronic sources of pain, inflammation, and wound healing. Used alone or with other treatment plans, laser treatment is a non-invasive surgical, and drug-free option of providing pain relief.
How can it help?
Laser therapy uses light to penetrate tissue in a process called photobiostimulation. Studies have shown positive results in patients with the following conditions:
- Muscle, ligaments and tendon injuries
- Ulcerations and open wounds
- Acute and chronic ear problems
- Post-surgical pain, healing and rehabilitation
- Trauma and fractures
- Neuromuscular disease, damage or degeneration
- Neck and back pain
How does it work?
- Reduced Inflammation – Laser therapy dilates the blood vessels and stimulates lymphatic circulation, reducing inflammation.
- Pain Relief – Laser therapy increases the production of endorphin’s and enkephalin, the body’s “natural pain-killers.” Lasers directly affect nerve cells, suppressing receptors that send pain signals to the brain.
- Accelerated Healing – Laser therapy helps tissue heal more quickly by stimulating activity within the cells, resulting in increased oxygen, increased production of the energy molecule ATP (adenosine triphosphate), and increased enzyme production
Laser Therapy Services Near You
If you would like to know more about laser therapy and if it could benefit your pet, contact us at (316) 744-0501.
Explore Our Complete List of Veterinary Services in Park City, KS
Call us or schedule an appointment online.
Meet with a doctor for an initial exam.
Put a plan together for your pet.